Today’s post is from our foodie contributor, Tinsley over @ CookingShorts.com . Her blog is “designed to bring short recipes and good food to your table.” What a great mission!
After just one bite, we fell in love with these deep fried green beans; talk about delicious! And the dipping sauce totally hits this crowd-pleasing appetizer out of the ball park.
So now the question is, are they still considered a vegetable? And if so, that means the calories don’t count?
- 2 tbsp fresh strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pound green beans – stems trimmed
- 16 oz vegetable oil
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup of cornmeal – course ground
- 1 tbsp season salt – choose your favorite
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg, beaten