Today’s guest post comes from Krissy @ Make it Naked, where she shares her love for good food. And that’s it. Just food. Nothing fake. Real, whole, organic, gluten free food. We love that!
Blueberries with corn? No thanks. But after one bite I found myself going back for more. And before I knew it, it was gone! This salad is really different and even more flavorful with your farmers’ market’s crunchiest produce. Corn, blueberries, cucumbers and red onion are tossed in a simple lime dressing with fresh cilantro. It’s my new favorite summer salad.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1-1.5 cups blueberries
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice and zest of 1/2 the lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of kosher salt Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil. Add the husked corn cobs. Cook, covered for about 15 minutes. Remove the cobs and let cool. Cut the corn off the cob (see note 2 below).
- In a large bowl combine the corn, berries, cucumber, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl mix together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad.
- Cover and store refrigerated until ready to serve.