Today’s guest blogger is a self-described bakeaholoic who makes some crazy-delicious goodies! Spend 10 seconds on her blog, and your sweet tooth will be itching for a bite! Today, she’s sharing a recipe for some homemade hazelnut candy bars! Enjoy!
I love living in Richmond. I grew up hearing (and believing) that Richmond was boring, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve come to find that Richmond is full of extraordinary places! Especially when it comes to food. I adore my city’s love for food and it has inspired me to start my blog whirl + whisk where I bake up something sweet daily.
One place in RVA that I love is Pasture. It’s a little restaurant located on E. Grace Street. They have THE most amazing homemade hazelnut candy bar. It is borderline life changing. So naturally I had to try to make it myself.
I’m not a huge fan of the actual hazelnuts in the candy bar, so I didn’t add any to my recipe, but there’s lots of Nutella flavor to make up for it! Feel free to add whatever you like to this recipe!
Hazelnut Candy Bar
Prep Time:†10 minutes (2 hours cooling time)
Yields:†3 candy bars
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- Mix chocolate and nutella in a bowl. Set aside
- Heat heavy whipping cream in a pan until it is about to boil (when bubbles start around the edges) and poor it over the chocolate and nutella mixture and whisk on med-high for about 2-3 minutes
- Line a square baking sheet with parchment paper and poor the mixture in. Let cool for 2 hours
- Remove the parchment and cut into 1 inch strips. Cut the strips in half
- Stack 4 pieces on top of each other (they will stick together) putting melted milk chocolate in between
- Add more milk chocolate to the top and set in the fridge for 20 minutes
It came out amazing, and very close to the real deal. As a dessert and snack blogger, I can say that Richmond offers up a ton of inspiration for me and I wouldn’t be happier anywhere else.
Be sure to follow my blog to keep up with all of the crazy desserts and snacks I make daily! Like…
See more desserts and deliciousness @ Whirl & Whisk