Today’s guest post is from Katy, an athlete-foodie from Fredericksburg! She takes a realistic approach to healthy eating, and is quite crafty in the kitchen!
Hi all! My name is Katy and I blog over at Have You Hurd. I am a former college athlete who loves to cook and more importantly, EAT! Since I got out of college and no longer have two hours of basketball everyday to keep me in shape, I’ve had to find other ways to stay fit. In the process of trying to keep up with my fitness while living in the working world, I’ve fallen in love with cooking healthy eats. I love trying and creating new recipes and sharing my favorites along the way.
Speaking of favorites, one of my all time favorite foods is corn bread. I don’t like dry, tasteless, barely sweet corn bread. I love the moist, sweet, cake-like corn bread full of small golden pieces of corn.
Can you guess what my lovely husband’s favorite food is? It’s hot dogs. Yes, everyone…my better half loves hotdogs. While I am a foodie at heart, my husband is sitting over here obsessed with a tube shaped food made of who knows what. But I still love him. A lot. I guess.
So you know what I did? I combined one of my favorite foods with one of his favorite foods and you know what I got? Corn Dog Muffins 🙂
Corn Dog Muffins
- For the cornbread:
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix (MY FAVORITE)
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 egg of 1/4 cup of egg substitute
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 all white meat turkey hot dogs (you can use your favorite hot dog here!)
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Spray a medium sized muffin/cupcake pan with cooking spray
3. In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the corn bread
4. Chop hot dogs into bite sized pieces and add to corn bread mixture. Toss to combine.